Saturday, February 24, 2007

NYC Comic Con

Yeah, so I went to the Comic Con, what of it? It was only one day. I enjoyed walking around amongst the displays, stores, artists, writers, and fans. I did not enjoy being hit in the shoulder by everyone's overstuffed backpack. What is it with you people? Have you no concept of how much space you occupy at any given time? Do any of you DRIVE CARS? I sincerely hope not. I got pissier and pissier each time someone did a double take or decided to pull a U-y in the middle of a high traffic area, because each time I got knocked. I hate people.

These were the two stands I liked the most, other than the Dark Horse, and Hellboy animated stands that gave out posters...

Dumbrella- They had an enticing table that was mobbed by emo teeny boppers- usually not a good sign, but I guess you can't hold it against them that the teeny-boppers seem to be developing better taste. I went to their site and their blog is awesome (i.e. it sounds as if I wrote it)- they are a collection of comic makers with different books and shirts. Fun stuff.

VooDooBabies!- Oh man. I know I was taught that voodoo was wrong, evil, and horrible... but these guys are so damn cute. And there is a disclaimer in regards to their voodoo powers (or lack thereof). Basically this is just plain good craftsmanship and utter cuteness. I could not walk by without buying three of them. And of course my ultimate goal is to collect them ALL. For some reason I am intent on attaching them to the strings of lights that use strings to turn on and off.

So it wasn't a totally horrible nerd experience... but please, everyone, just leave your backpack at home. You weren't all going to a slumber party afterwards, and all that was in there were smelly hoodies and coats, I'm sure. Darn you all.

No comments: